Having a WooCommerce store with conversion tracking in mind is the ultimate objective of your Website, which is to produce sales and income. You may either utilize paid or organic promotion to do that.
Google Ads is an efficient way to reach a broad audience and increase traffic to your Website, with over 246 million unique visits each month in the US alone. If you choose paid advertising, even having people visit your Website randomly won’t be enough to meet your income targets.
Here in lies the role of Google Ads Conversion Tracking. You may learn a lot about the efficacy of your marketing initiatives by keeping track of a few key actions provided by this powerful tool.
Understanding consumer behaviour is crucial for achieving good outcomes, so tracking conversions and similar user activity is crucial. If your business can satisfy client demands, success and profitability will almost certainly follow.
So, this article will guide you through tracking WooCommerce conversions in Google Ads.
Why do you need WooCommerce Conversion Tracking?
Imagine you’re running an organic or paid campaign, but you haven’t set up any conversion tracking on your site.
What happens next? Over time, you’ll start to wonder how well your campaigns are actually performing. Are they driving any conversions?
If so, what kind of conversions? And where are those conversions coming from? Without conversion tracking, you’ll be flying blind. You won’t know what’s working and what’s not, so you won’t be able to make any necessary adjustments to your campaigns.
Here are some tracking measures you can take to ensure smooth conversion:
- Observe customer actions and execute strategies to capitalize on emerging customer behavior trends.
- Monitor the return on investment (ROI) of campaign components.
- Examine the preferences of your target demographic for specific products.
- Employ A/B testing to determine the most effective choice for generating leads.
- Conduct various experiments involving design, products, banners, and more.
These are merely a few examples of the functionalities you can experience upon integrating Google Ads with your WooCommerce store.
How to Set up WooCommerce Conversion Tracking
Now for the part you’re waiting for. I’ll assume you already have WooCommerce set up; if not, you can easily set it up on Nestify WooCommerce hosting, which comes with pre-build optimization, security, and auto-scaling with 24/7 WooCommerce support. You can try it here. Login.
Now that’s done, let’s get into tracking.
Install the WooCommerce Conversion Tracking Plugin
Adopt the simple instructions below to set up the WooCommerce Conversion Tracking plugin:
- Open your WordPress Admin Panel.
- Visit Plugins > Add New.
- Look for the “WooCommerce Conversion Tracking.”
- Select Install Now.
- Once the installation is successful, click Activate Plugin.
Now that the plugin is installed go to > Conversion Tracking.
In conversion tracking, you have the option to integrate Facebook, Twitter (X), Google, and other social media or tools.
For this tutorial, we are going with Google Ads. Once Google Ads is activated, a screen where you may enter your Google Ads Account ID (which looks like GA-123456789) will appear.
Get a Google Ads ID
Follow these steps to get your Google Ads account ID.
Note: The screenshot I’m sharing is from a new Google Ads design; a few steps might be different, but the method is the same as the previous design.
I’m assuming that you already have Google ads, so I’ll be directly showing you the steps.
- Go to Goals > Conversion.
- Select the New conversion action.
- Choose the conversion type that you wish to track. To demonstrate, I’m selecting Website.
- Create a conversion action from the Website (In this case, I have selected purchased).
- Once done, Click on Save and Continue.
On to the final step.
- On Google Tag, click on Set up.
- Finally, copy the ‘AW-1212313’ code and paste it into the WordPress Woocommerce Tracking plugin.
- Paste the code in Google Ads Account ID and click on > Save Changes.
And hooray, you’re done, now you can track your conversion easily.
How Google Ads Can Enhance Your WooCommerce Store
- Expanding customer reach: Google Ads extends your reach to individuals actively searching for products similar to yours, boosting brand visibility and driving store traffic.
- Boosting sales: Google Ads targets a receptive audience, increasing the potential for higher sales.
- Enhancing conversion rates: By targeting likely buyers, Google Ads aids in improving your conversion rates.
- Monitoring campaign performance: Google Ads provides tracking capabilities to assess campaign performance and make essential adjustments.
Troubleshooting common issues during the setup of Google Ads
- Unapproved Account: Your account might not get approval if you haven’t furnished all the necessary information or if your website doesn’t align with Google’s advertising guidelines.
- Ads Not Displaying: Ads may fail to display if your chosen keywords are overly broad or if your bid amounts are too low.
- Low Click-Through Rates (CTR): Ads may experience low CTRs when they lack relevance to users’ search queries.
- Poor Conversion Rates: Ads may not convert effectively if they lack persuasion or if your landing pages are not optimized for conversions.
Best Practices for Crafting Effective Google Ads:
- Precise Keyword Selection: Opt for keywords closely related to your offered products or services.
- Appropriate Bidding: Set bids at an optimal level, ensuring your ads appear without overspending.
- Crisp Ad Copy: Craft ad copy that’s clear, concise, and faithfully represents your offerings.
- Employ Negative Keywords: Prevent irrelevant search terms from triggering your ads with the use of negative keywords.
- Monitor Performance: Keep a vigilant eye on your campaign results to facilitate necessary adjustments.
For eCommerce store proprietors aiming to enhance their advertising endeavors, WooCommerce Google Ads Conversion Tracking stands as a pivotal instrument.
This article presents a comprehensive guide, delineating a systematic process to establish conversion tracking within Google Ads, decode the ensuing data, and also offers valuable insights into refining your campaigns while sidestepping prevalent errors.
Empowered with the insights and resources furnished in this manual, you have the potential to elevate your WooCommerce store to new heights, fostering heightened accomplishments in your advertising endeavors.
FAQs on WooCommerce Conversion Tracking
Why is conversion tracking crucial for my WooCommerce store’s success?
Conversion tracking allows you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising efforts by showing how many visitors take desired actions, such as making a purchase or signing up. This insight helps refine your strategies and optimize your campaigns for better results.
Can I track different types of conversions on my WooCommerce site using Google Ads?
Yes, you can set up multiple conversion actions in Google Ads to track various actions on your WooCommerce store. Whether it’s completed purchases, newsletter sign-ups, or other important actions, you can customize tracking for each.
What’s the relationship between Google Analytics and WooCommerce conversion tracking in Google Ads?
Google Analytics provides comprehensive insights into your Website’s overall performance, while WooCommerce conversion tracking in Google Ads specifically focuses on actions driven by your ads. Integrating the two can offer a broader view of your site’s success.